Method Exclude Parameter
The Method Exclude Parameter dialog has three facets:
For a method to be excluded it must match the full specification.
- the specification of the method itself and
- the specification of the class that contains the method and
- the specification of the package that contains the class
The method itself
In specifying the method whose name is to be excluded, you can specify:
- whether its access level is
- not specifed
- package (i.e. default)
- whether it has or doesn't have the modifiers
- its name or a "*" wildcard string that its name must match
- its argument types as either:
- no arguments
- "*" meaning any argument types
- a comma separated list of fully qualified types
- the exception classes that it throws. These are entered as a comma delimited list of fully qualified class names.
- the fully qualified class name of an annotation that a matching method must have. You can use the "*" wildcard. Do not include the '@' character.
The containing class
To specify the containing class, click the Containing class tab.
The dialog basically works the same way as the Class Exclude Parameter dialog.
The difference is that you are now specifying the containing class of the method whose name is to be excluded.
The class Name field cannot be empty but a simple "*" wildcard is acceptable.
If you wish to exclude the containing class name as well as the method name then you should select the
Exclude class name as well box.
The containing package
To specify the containing package, click the Containing package tab.
The dialog basically works the same way as the Package Exclude Parameter dialog.
The difference is that you are now specifying the package qualifiers of the class containing the method whose name is to be excluded.
If you clear the Name input field then you are specifying that the class is in the default package.
If you wish to exclude the containing package name as well as the method name then you should select the
Exclude package name as well box.
p*.C* @pack2.MyAnnotation0 public m*(java.lang.String, int)
means exclude all methods that:
- are annotated by a class matching
- have a name that matches
- have the argument types
- are contained in a class that:
- has a name that matches
- is contained in a package that matches "p*"